A strenuous workout means sculpted muscles, lean body with the right mass. However, little do people know that a workout actually causes the wear and tear of muscles. When you push your body to more heavier workout, at a cellular level your muscles are being damaged due to excessive lactic acid being flown out.
The simplest way to avoid permanent damage to your muscles is by replenishing them with all that they lost and more nutrients for them to repair and grow. After a workout, the muscles are battered and they are most ready for a nutritional uptake. And so the first 45 minutes after a workout are the most crucial.
What is a muscle recovery shake?
When the muscles are battered after a heavy workout, they are ready for nutritional uptake. The body requires the right nutritional supplement within the first 45 minutes to repair the damage and grow perfectly. And so a muscle recovery shake comes to the rescue.
A muscle recovery shake may be available in many permutations and combinations. But most often are crafted to supply all the extra nutrients a body needs during that time.
The best post workout recovery drink will contain all the vital nutrients required by the body. Some of the important components are:
- Whey: This is the most important fast digesting protein the body needs to give the immediate supply of proteins to the body.
- Casien: This is a slow acting protein that must often be taken in combination with whey. This is to provide the body a prolonged supply of proteins
- Carbohydrates: Required since the body loses out on a lot of glycogen during work out. Dextrose often serves as a perfect source and mostly mixes easily with post-recovery
- Branched chain amino acids: These are essential for muscle recovery and growth. Available in various forms, these help in muscle repair.
- Creatine: When looking out to grow lean muscle, creatine is vital in the first few minutes after workout.
There are many options available in the market, it is important to choose the one that is best for your needs.…